Is there anything more soothing than soaking in a bath after a long, stressful day? Even though many people love taking a long, luxurious bath, everyone approaches this task a little differently. The method of preparing a bath is as unique as the person doing the work.
While you should create the bath environment that most meets your needs, there is a process we recommend to ensure you get the most out of your 30 minutes of peaceful alone time. Find out here how to prepare the perfect bath!
Five steps for preparing a decadent bath experience
Maybe you’ve been taking baths for years but never figured out exactly how to make it your own personal spa experience. Perhaps you’ve wondered about what to do with all of the bath bombs, spa products and candles you keep receiving as birthday or holiday gifts. With this easy step-by-step tutorial, you’ll prepare luxurious essential oils baths that you won’t want to get out of for as long as the water is warm:
- Set up the space: Before you turn on the faucet, make sure you have everything you need. Burn some candles and turn off the bright overhead lights to create a calming mood in your bathroom. Pick some relaxing music to play in the background. Have a good book to read. Make sure you have fresh towels and a bathrobe waiting for when you get out.
- Fill the tub: Everyone enjoys a different temperature for their essentials oils baths. Ultimately, when you start filling your bathtub, you want the water temperature to be a little warmer than what you prefer. By the time the tub has filled enough, the water will have cooled to the right temperature.
- Add your products: This is the fun part: you get to add your favorite bath products! But don’t get too wet and wild with it—adding too many different products could result in an oily residue on your skin post-bath, or even skin irritation. Only opt for one or two bath supplements at a time, such as bath bombs, Epsom salt or essential oils.
- Stay hydrated: Your bath is the right temperature and you’ve added your selected products—now it’s time to soak. As you luxuriate in the tub, make sure to drink water. Your body will naturally sweat out a lot of toxins, which can dehydrate you. Of course, you can enjoy some wine or a cocktail with your bath, but have a cool glass of water nearby, as well.
- Moisturize: Once you’ve finished your soak, revitalize your skin with deep conditioning treatments such as whipped body frosting or small-batch body lotions.
The most important part of preparing the perfect bath is having all of the necessary supplies on hand. This includes soaps, lotions, bath bombs, whipped body frostings, scrubs and candles enriched with essential oils. Soaps & Scents has spent more than 25 years creating small-batch bath products using high-quality ingredients and the finest fragrance and essential oils.
Ready to soak away in an essential oils bath? Shop our catalog of bath and spa products. Feel free to get in touch with us if you have any questions about our products or process.