It’s hard to believe we finally made it, but 2020 is rapidly coming to an end. Many retailers swapped out their Halloween decorations for Christmas décor on November 1. The merriment and festivity of Christmas and the winter holiday season is nearly upon us, which means it’s time to consider what you’re getting for everyone on your gift list. Before making any present purchases, consider these reasons why soap makes such a good gift during the holiday season.
Give the gift of soap this year
Most people rack their brains trying to think up gifts to give neighbors, acquaintances and coworkers. Instead of driving yourself crazy coming up with something creative, read through these reasons to gift soap for Christmas, Hanukkah and other holidays:
- People always need soap: This year, we learned how quickly soap products can become unavailable when demand is high. Big soap manufacturers couldn’t produce their products fast enough to keep them on the shelves at grocery stores and big box retailers. Shoppers in need of liquid, foaming or bar soap turned to small soap businesses because they continued to hand-make high-quality products packed with nourishing and natural ingredients.
- Soap is personal: Perhaps your neighbor grows a garden full of gardenias every summer. A bar of handmade gardenia-scented soap shows that you appreciate their beautiful flowers and notice how much they love them. Personal touches like that set your gifts apart from the rest.
- Everyone uses soap: Everyone needs soap multiple times throughout the day, regardless of their age, gender, nationality, political affiliation or race. All too often, gift recipients never use the items they get. That’s not likely to be the case with high-quality soaps. Maybe they save the soap you gave them to use when guests visit, or perhaps they indulge in long baths and reserve the special soap you gave them for those occasions.
- The gift of luxury: You expect to find vats of unscented hand soaps in convenience store restrooms. Richly-scented moisturizing soaps are more often associated with boutiques, high-end hotels and luxury spas. Most people won’t treat themselves to the luxury of high-quality soap. Luckily for you, that means you can give it as a gift!
- Support small businesses: Large soap manufacturers often prioritize quantity over quality. Soap makers with their own small businesses believe in creating luxurious soap products, unlike what you’ll find at a drug store or supermarket. Handcrafted, all-natural soaps make thoughtful gifts, and buying these products from local businesses supports the enterprises that need it most.
Now that you know all of the reasons soap makes a good gift during the holidays, it’s time to find a soap shop that hand-makes a variety of products to accommodate everyone on your list. The soap maker you buy from should use the highest quality ingredients to create their various products.
That’s why so many people shop at Soaps & Scents. Our 20 years of experience has taught us how to craft the most luxurious bar, foaming and liquid soaps. We also make soaps in the shape of cupcakes, perfect for the person on your list who loves to bake. Contact us now if you have questions about ordering online or want to visit our soap store in El Cajon, CA.