Did you know that proper handwashing is the number one way to prevent the spread of disease? Hand washing is a simple but effective way to keep yourself and your family healthy. Here are some tips for proper handwashing:
Hand Washing Best Practices
Below are key points to remember when washing your hands:
- Wet your hands with clean, running water (warm or cold), turn off the tap, and apply soap. This is important because wetting your hands and using soap will help remove any dirt, grease, or other contaminants on your skin.
- Lather your hands by rubbing them together with the soap. Be sure to lather the backs of your hands, between your fingers, and under your nails. Doing so will help remove any germs that may be present.
- Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds. This is the most crucial step in hand washing, as it will help remove any bacteria or viruses that may be present.
- Rinse your hands well under clean, running water. Using clean water will help remove any soap residue left on your skin.
- Dry your hands using a clean towel or air dry them. This step is essential because it will help to prevent the spread of any bacteria or viruses that may be present on your hands.
Using Hand Sanitizers
If you cannot wash your hands with hand soap and water, you can use a hand sanitizer. Hand sanitizers are not as effective as soap and water at removing dirt and contaminants, but they can help to kill any bacteria or viruses that may be present on your hands. When using a hand sanitizer, be sure to use one that is at least 60% alcohol. Follow the directions on the packaging to ensure that you are using the hand sanitizer correctly.
Correct Usage of Hand Sanitizers
Here are some tips for using hand sanitizers correctly:
- Wet your hands with clean, running water (warm or cold), turn off the tap, and apply a dime-size amount of hand sanitizer to the palm of your hand.
- Rub your hands together, covering all surfaces of your hands and fingers, until your hands are dry.
- If using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer, make sure your hands are completely dry before handling food or eating.
How Avoiding Sickness Allows You to Be Outside for Summer
Washing your hands is one of the best ways to avoid getting sick and missing out on summer fun. By following proper hand-washing techniques, you can help prevent the spread of disease and keep yourself healthy. So, don’t let a little soap and water stop you from enjoying all that summer offers! Prevent the spread of disease. Hygiene starts with you! When you practice good hygiene, you protect yourself and others from getting sick.
Soaps & Scents Company has been in business for over 20 years and is a leading manufacturer of high-quality hand soaps, body washes, and other personal care products. Their products are made with natural ingredients and are free from harsh chemicals, so you can be sure you’ll love their products.